• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your beliefs...? Every site has one.

#1121 User is offline   Erikson 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Postdaniel is tD Sk, on 25 May 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Unlikely, i dont smoke. NNyyaaa madd?

Erikson, that video if seen quite a few times. No doubt he was a smart man, but ultimately too much energy was focused on pursuing a vendetta. I think he could have done more for the scientific community if he actually used that energy, that anger to fuel his developing of scientific breakthoughs. But no, seems like he just rather bask in the attention that he got and the pride from being in the limelight and being 'right' all the time. Clearly evident in this video. Too bad.

BUt i say again atheists and self confessed scientist, how is it that you can expect to get something from nothing? The big bang for example, that essentially quashes the law of conservation of mass and energy? Please explain....

He wasn't even a scientist you idiot. He was a journalist and author.

And what he did is what every successful journalist or author aims to do, gain worldwide critical acclaim for his work.
So pretty sure the goal of authors and journalists is to be recognised for their work, which clearly he was. So he chanelled his energy and 'anger' if you will, into spreading the word of what he wrote about- athiesm.

Also check out the work of Laurence Krauss. It'll answer your question about something from nothing

#1122 User is offline   Dark 

• Twitter Facebook

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Basing your entire belief system on religious ideology because the alternative of thinking for yourself and realizing that you are just a living organism, like everything else on this planet feels to narrow...

I can hardly see that as justification for the quite extreme beliefs Christians take on everything. There are so many logical fallacies embedded within Christianity itself it amazes me.

I'm not saying that religion cannot add a certain amount of value to people's lives, and to be honest even with the increase in science and technology we will see in the next century, religion will still be here. People just need to realize there are areas in society where religion has no place.

#1123 User is offline   Taunted 

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postdaniel is tD Sk, on 25 May 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Here is where christianity comes into play and provides the answer.

Posted Image

It does not provide the "answer". How can you be this dumb?

It provides a flawed, out dated suggestion.

Just because many people believe it, doesn't make it fact. This suggestion implores people that we be satisfied in understanding our amazing reality, as simple act of God.

How can people stand for this? It goes against logic on so many different levels.

Posted Image

#1124 User is offline   Tranquility 

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Postdaniel is tD Sk, on 25 May 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I don't doubt my faith is wrong. Although sometimes I do think twice about certain things, but thats just a personal battle. What I get from most people here is the idea they hate extremism ( either mutilation of body parts, bombings/terrorism) and that religion can play a crucial part in that, and therefore decide to classify it as 'stupid' and 'retarded' :rolleyes:

Brad my conclusion as to how we came to being is my own. I don't have to just rely on evidence for it. I concede that there is something bigger out there than just humanity as a species that deviated from a family of apes.

What atheism and science says is that human emotions, feelings (attitudes) are just boiled down to chemical reactions in the brain and body. Frankly I feel it dumbs down humanity to a certain degree. I find it difficult to say that we were once apes flicking our turds and lice at each other in the trees (lol) and then going onto to be the most sophisticated 'animal' on the face of the earth, and talking about our existence on the internet and producing marvelous feats of engineering, so on and so forth...

I hate the idea we are just animals, just reproducing to extend the life of a species. Our existence in this light feels so narrow, i dont know thats just my opinion. But anyways I don't expect for you and anyone else to change their mind as much as i would expect you or anyone else to change mine.

Cue hate speech*

Edit: Busy all day so if any questions come, ill answer them later

Humans are technically animals, we just happen to be the most dominant species on the planet...

Also as much as you can hate an idea, there's more evidence that we evolved from apes than there is a God who created us. Honestly it seems like you'd rather believe in something because you like the idea of it rather than because there's actual evidence proving your belief.
Posted Image
LoL: Tranquilitay
Looking for team

#1125 User is offline   RedShift 

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostTranquility, on 25 May 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Honestly it seems like you'd rather believe in something because you like the idea of it rather than because there's actual evidence proving your belief.

That's faith?
Posted Image
GT: Itz RedShift.
H4 F/A

#1126 User is offline   Mental 

• Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostTranquility, on 25 May 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

it seems like you'd rather believe in something because you like the idea of it rather than because there's actual evidence proving your belief.

Posted Image

#1127 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

I have heard before and mother told me there is more evidence that Jesus Christ existed than Caesar. Thoughts?

I looked at some google results then, it seems most scholars/lawyers/historical people belief that most parts of the bible are actually historically correct and that Jesus Christ exisisted and was crucified. Whether he was the son of God or not cannot/has not been determined yet.

#1128 User is offline   bradlllzzzz 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostSlazy, on 30 May 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

I have heard before and mother told me there is more evidence that Jesus Christ existed than Caesar. Thoughts?

I looked at some google results then, it seems most scholars/lawyers/historical people belief that most parts of the bible are actually historically correct and that Jesus Christ exisisted and was crucified. Whether he was the son of God or not cannot/has not been determined yet.

And what does that mean for you slazy? Does that continue to reaffirm or beliefs?

#1129 User is offline   bradlllzzzz 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

#1130 User is offline   lI Homicide lI 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

#1131 User is offline   lI Homicide lI 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1132 User is offline   bradlllzzzz 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Trying to debate a creationist at the moment and this person says they have scientific evidence for The World Flood and Noah's ark. They are just trying to find the website they read it on. Heavy days.

#1133 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • YouTube

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

View Postbradlllzzzz, on 02 June 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Trying to debate a creationist at the moment and this person says they have scientific evidence for The World Flood and Noah's ark. They are just trying to find the website they read it on. Heavy days.

Posted Image

#1134 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

In ancient aliens, it says possibly the "world flood" could of meant just around the middle east, where the was indeed a flood, creating massive inland lakes that still exist today. And to the people at the time this could of been their whole world, or all that they knew as the "whole world" at the time. Hence being translated in the bible as such.

#1135 User is offline   Dark 

• Twitter Facebook

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostSlazy, on 03 June 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

In ancient aliens, it says possibly the "world flood" could of meant just around the middle east, where the was indeed a flood, creating massive inland lakes that still exist today. And to the people at the time this could of been their whole world, or all that they knew as the "whole world" at the time. Hence being translated in the bible as such.

So God killed all of the people in creation, therefore god only created the middle east?

I think your point could be entirely valid, but it gives absolutely no credit to a supernatural involvement at all.

What about cultures in China and the Americas? According to the bible they are evil. Why weren't they destroyed?

#1136 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostMental, on 01 June 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

that is 100% stupid and most of it is taken out of context.

OT:

Posted Image
Posted Image

GT: tbR Donut

Steaziest mofo out there babe ;)

#1137 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • YouTube

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostDonut, on 03 June 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

that is 100% stupid and most of it is taken out of context.

In what kind of context would those things be acceptable?
Posted Image

#1138 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostBrainSeeker 2.0, on 03 June 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

In what kind of context would those things be acceptable?

Those arent the entire verses. so its misleading
Posted Image

GT: tbR Donut

Steaziest mofo out there babe ;)

#1139 User is offline   Taunted 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postbradlllzzzz, on 02 June 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Go to Skeptoid.com. or Itunes and listen to Brian Dunning. He does a weekly podcast and I listened to this one a while ago, and it was on the story of Noah and the floods. Mainly the ark itself I think. Strong stuff anyway.

Its neither for or against anyone, he just simply applies critical and logical thinking to the situation. Strongly recommend a listen...

#1140 User is offline   SLY JD 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostDonut, on 03 June 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Those arent the entire verses. so its misleading

Implying the Bible isn't misleading.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 63 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic