Your beliefs...? Every site has one.

#1141 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • YouTube

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostDonut, on 03 June 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Those arent the entire verses. so its misleading

Well post the entire verse about how children swearing should be killed.
Posted Image

#1142 User is offline   Slazy 

• Group: Members
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

I am saying the bible says the "whole world" was flooded, because they didnt know about other cultures. So the middle east was "the whole world" to them.

I am not saying it is correct or not, just saying thats a possibility for what the writers said.

#1143 User is offline   Biscuit 

• Group: Halo 4 Pro Player

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostSlazy, on 03 June 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I am saying the bible says the "whole world" was flooded, because they didnt know about other cultures. So the middle east was "the whole world" to them.

I am not saying it is correct or not, just saying thats a possibility for what the writers said.

Do you believe in Noah's ark?

View PostIm Beware, on 07 August 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

Biscuits word is law

#1144 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

Not as it is literately written in the Bible, no Catholic does. haha

#1145 User is offline   Taunted 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostSlazy, on 04 June 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

But there was a time where the overwhelming majority of catholics believed it. As a Catholic, can you tell us what has directed your thinking about Noahs Ark onto a different path than Catholics 200 years ago? I'm genuinely curious about your answer.

Why do you believe a lot of other things "as they are literally written" in the bible and just not the story of Noah and the Ark?

And, I know plenty of Catholics who legitimately believe in the bibles version of Noahs Ark. So saying "no catholic believes it"...is wrong.

#1146 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • YouTube

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image

#1147 User is offline   lI Homicide lI 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

So you believe it hypothetically??
Or just that there was a flood sometime?

#1148 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well everyone knows there was a flood at the time the Bible tells the story of noahs ark. Loads of geographical evidence etc. I believe it for what it is, a story.

#1149 User is offline   Adz 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Interesting video on Superwaves and a new theory of science.

View PostDark, on 09 March 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

When you don't know who Adz is, you know there is something wrong.

Posted Image

#1150 User is offline   Taunted 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostAdz, on 04 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Interesting video on Superwaves and a new theory of science.

You just posted a 2 and half hour video.

Cliffs pls

#1151 User is offline   Taunted 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostSlazy, on 04 June 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Loads of geographical evidence etc.

You refer to evidence on proving to yourself that there was indeed a flood. But you don't apply this sort of critical thinking to other religious doctrine. Or more importantly, the existence of a deity. I'd like to politely query you on why?

Because this is something about Religious folk that I will never, ever understand.

#1152 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostBrainSeeker 2.0, on 03 June 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well post the entire verse about how children swearing should be killed.

That verse is in the old testament and a lot of which is said in that testament is corrected in the new testament.
Eg: it says an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth in the old test but in the new test it says to turn the other cheek.
now f**k up about it cant be f****d talkin about it sir.
Posted Image

GT: tbR Donut

Steaziest mofo out there babe ;)

#1153 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostDonut, on 04 June 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

That verse is in the old testament and a lot of which is said in that testament is corrected in the new testament.
Eg: it says an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth in the old test but in the new test it says to turn the other cheek.

I like you.

#1154 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • YouTube

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDonut, on 04 June 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

So in a Christians mind who follows the word of God its fine to completely neglect what it said in the old testament because someone updated it when Christianity finally caught up to basic human morals everyone else had already formed.

Nothing funnier than a Christian defending the old testament when that is the most accurate depiction of their God and his word that they follow.

Christians truly have to be some of the most clueless and gullible people on Earth.

Pretty sure your God would consider it a sin to go against his word in the old testament. Looks like you are going to hell.
Posted Image

#1155 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • YouTube

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostSlazy, on 04 June 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Well everyone knows there was a flood at the time the Bible tells the story of noahs ark. Loads of geographical evidence etc. I believe it for what it is, a story.

The story of the flood in the Bible and the vast majority of stories were taken from other religions formed hundreds or thousands of years before Christianity.

To get people on board with your religion you need to come up with stories to fear monger. To scare people into following your religion so they don't face the same fate.

Christianity is a mess of other religions taking popular and effective stories to gain control of the public.

Do as we say or you will burn in hell.
Posted Image

#1156 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostBrainSeeker 2.0, on 04 June 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

So in a Christians mind who follows the word of God its fine completely neglect what it said in the old testament because someone updated it when Christianity finally caught up to basic human morals everyone else had already formed.

Nothing funnier than a Christian defending the old testament when that is the most accurate depiction of their God and his word that they follow.

Christians truly have to be some of the most clueless and gullible people on Earth.

Pretty sure your God would consider it a sin to go against his word in the old testament. Looks like you are going to hell.

oh sh** you're right man! you've just fukin solved it! cant believe the entire christian community didnt realise it was as black and white as you have just made it out to be!

oh by the way that was sarcasm in case you didnt know. and i felt the need to tell you that because you are obviously a dumb f**k.
when did i say Christians completely neglect the old testament?
and if you're "pretty sure" someone would go to hell for going against the old testament, when i clearly said that there are corrections made in the new testament, that would mean all Christians would go to hell because you could either say an eye for an eye, or turn the other cheek. so from what you think, its impossible not to sin, and from sin you go straight to hell.
sh** man if only there was a way i could somehow ask for forgiveness and repent for sin? damn looks like im off to hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you must be a hardcore atheist otherwise you wouldnt have started arking up over such a sh** topic.
Posted Image

#1157 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • YouTube

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostDonut, on 04 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

oh sh** you're right man! you've just fukin solved it! cant believe the entire christian community didnt realise it was as black and white as you have just made it out to be!

oh by the way that was sarcasm in case you didnt know. and i felt the need to tell you that because you are obviously a dumb f**k.
when did i say Christians completely neglect the old testament?
and if you're "pretty sure" someone would go to hell for going against the old testament, when i clearly said that there are corrections made in the new testament, that would mean all Christians would go to hell because you could either say an eye for an eye, or turn the other cheek. so from what you think, its impossible not to sin, and from sin you go straight to hell.
sh** man if only there was a way i could somehow ask for forgiveness and repent for sin? damn looks like im off to hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you must be a hardcore atheist otherwise you wouldnt have started arking up over such a sh** topic.

Wait... you think a normal person can tell when a Christian is being sarcastic? If I took every retarded thing a christian said as sarcasm in relation to their religion I wouldn't think they were ever being serious.

I simply asked you to show me how killing children was acceptable in context. You couldn't do it. All you did was revert to the new testament where normal human morals were injected into christian beliefs.
Posted Image

#1158 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostBrainSeeker 2.0, on 04 June 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Wait... you think a normal person can tell when a Christian is being sarcastic? If I took every retarded thing a christian said as sarcasm in relation to their religion I wouldn't think they were ever being serious.

I simply asked you to show me how killing children was acceptable in context. You couldn't do it. All you did was revert to the new testament where normal human morals were injected into christian beliefs.

mate, pull ya fukin head in. you dont know sh** about the bible. who's to say the bible wasnt first to inject those morals into the rest of the world? and so what if they weren't im sure Christians couldnt care less.
and yeh i didnt show how killing kids was acceptable in context but ya dont need me to tell you thats not something a christian would do.
the whole reason this started was coz i said that pic 100% retarded. and it is. because its misleading. and it is.

and i think that verse means if you strike or kill ya parents then thats acceptable for capital punishment. times were different back then and people would be put to death for a lot of small reasons.
Posted Image

#1159 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • YouTube

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostDonut, on 05 June 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

mate, pull ya fukin head in. you dont know sh** about the bible. who's to say the bible wasnt first to inject those morals into the rest of the world? and so what if they weren't im sure Christians couldnt care less.
and yeh i didnt show how killing kids was acceptable in context but ya dont need me to tell you thats not something a christian would do.
the whole reason this started was coz i said that pic 100% retarded. and it is. because its misleading. and it is.

and i think that verse means if you strike or kill ya parents then thats acceptable for capital punishment. times were different back then and people would be put to death for a lot of small reasons.

If Christians couldn't care less why would the New Testament have been done at all?

It says in the Christian bible that killing children is acceptable. God himself killed thousands of children. If Christians aren't killing children then I guess that doesn't really make them Christians, Unfortunately for them that means they are going to hell based on the beliefs they choose to accept.

Christians have got to be the single dumbest humans on Earth. They pick and choose what to believe from a book they live their entire lives by. Oh ill follow this because it makes sense to me but all that other stuff about murder, killing, special cuddle ect being acceptable I don't like so ill ignore it. Even though its the word of my God I don't like it so ill ignore it and be sweet. If I ignore the things I like though then im f****d and im going to hell.

Surely even a borderline like yourself can see how immensely stupid it all is.
Posted Image

#1160 User is offline   Donut 

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostBrainSeeker 2.dick, on 05 June 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

If Christians couldn't care less why would the New Testament have been done at all?

It says in the Christian bible that killing children is acceptable. God himself killed thousands of children. If Christians aren't killing children then I guess that doesn't really make them Christians, Unfortunately for them that means they are going to hell based on the beliefs they choose to accept.

Christians have got to be the single dumbest humans on Earth. They pick and choose what to believe from a book they live their entire lives by. Oh ill follow this because it makes sense to me but all that other stuff about murder, killing, special cuddle ect being acceptable I don't like so ill ignore it. Even though its the word of my God I don't like it so ill ignore it and be sweet. If I ignore the things I like though then im f****d and im going to hell.

Surely even a borderline like yourself can see how immensely stupid it all is.

I said they couldnt care less IF they werent the first people to come up with those morals in the new testament. as in they wouldnt care because its still in the bible at the end of the day.
and its not stupid because its not about picking and choosing what people like in the bible. its how you perceive what you read in a sense. like maybe God says to keep ya neighbor as a slave. but that is against the law in our time. God also says to obey what ever government is put in place and follow their laws. So lines are crossing over each other there. but if you arent a complete retard of a Christian then you would realise that God doesnt ACTUALLY want you to try and keep slaves in this day and age. thats not picking and choosing. thats just basic common sense. but i guess common sense isnt so common after all.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 63 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users