Posted Image

#42 User is offline   Pyroteq 

• The best person in the universe
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Twitter YouTube

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostBLaZe, on 02 February 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yes I agree, All it comes down to, is that when the developer of a game gives you something like forge world to create maps instead of making unique ones, you can only achieve '#3 - Function' and '#2.1 - Variation', however the problem with trying to achieve variation with forge world is that while the design of the map may alter, it's still going to look the same, and 2) when 90% of the maps they give you don't have function, the easiest way to create function to make it competitive is by making symmetrical maps.

Can you not see my point though? If the maps we have now had their own unique skins and came out of the box, they would be perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with having symmetrical maps. You would just need to have some different asymmetrical maps along with them that have more variation.

By your previous statement before it seemed you meant the current MLG roster of Halo Reach maps are fine and we don't need to add the CEA maps...

IMO we need to get rid of all the Forged maps, except Sanctuary just because it plays quite well in Reach (They really should have created a proper remake for it) and replace them with Anchor 9, Battle Creek and Prisoner.

View PostMental, on 02 February 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

What was your favorite Halo 3 map? I think the Reach maps just need colour, and maybe some trees or something and they'd look nice. I agree with Blaze.

The only original Halo 3 map I thought had any competitive merit was Citadel which MLG didn't end up using because Killa KC has NFI what he's doing. Midship was the only map I liked, but it doesn't really count since it was a remake from Halo 2.

View PostSlayerx, on 02 February 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

FFA has got to be one of the most important aspects of the growth of Halo. So many players have launched themselves into the spotlight after a top FFA performance at both MLG and ACL.

Yeah, but FFA in both H3 and Reach is pretty much dead. I remember logging in to play Halo 2 back in the day and we'd always start up Midship FFA to warmup and some people would just kick back and play like 10 FFA's in a row. Anyone remember the Tour De Walsh? How often do you see that happen in Halo 3/Reach? Pretty much never.

Add the fact that 1v1 is now retarded and the individual skill cap keeps decreasing each game and it's hard for FFA to be fun for most people. Hopefully Halo 4 brings the individual skill cap back to the series which will breathe a lot of fresh air into the series IMO.
Posted Image
Don't let the world deceive you. Don't let their words betray you.
Don't let their lies deceive you. Let them do their worst.

#43 User is offline   Blaze 

• Group: Halo 4 Pro Player
  • Twitter YouTube

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

I also forgot to add that the things in maps in Reach's prequel/sequel that add diversity to the game like the Mancannon on Narrows, The gold/purple lifts on Construct, the 'Green' area on Guardian, the 'curved' rather than 'rigid' nature of every object on Heretic etc simply cannot be done or even simulated in Forge world. IMO MLG has done a good job of getting any decent maps to play at all in this game, and the failure falls squarely on the developers shoulders.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View PostGomMayne, on 24 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Are Star Craft and LOL not MassiveMULTIPLAYEROnline? I guess I must be wrong. Sorry should I need to say MMORPG.

#44 User is offline   Braver 

• Pro Player 2010
  • Group: VoD Subscribers

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostMantis, on 02 February 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

do you guys think they will have a Beta?

Halo 4 wishlist:
Lobby host( the one who makes the lobby has host)
Ranking system
4/5 good maps with release of game
bring back the BR

Posted Image Posted Image
Sponsored by Hoggy Enterprises

#45 User is offline   Monk 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

So this entire time, Reach wasn't even confirmed for MLG 2012............
Posted Image
and yes, I don't really follow MLG at all :P
Posted Image

View Postweasel weeee, on 29 February 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Deano...... hes definitely the worst player on ACL

#46 User is offline   Overuled 

• ACL Perth Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I think where Reach failed immensely was in how much they over emphasised of Forge World. Not enough maps came on the disc and they tried to work around that by saying "You pretty much have a bunch of blank canvasses to work with, make whatever you want".

The problem being that there's still so many limitations h Forge World and a decent map in forge is still going to have less interest than ones out of the box. I'm interested to see what they do with H4 Forge, but to be perfectly honest I'm more focused on the maps we get with the game.

In all honesty I just wish console developers would release some sort of SDK. We'd get amazing content out of the community and a game could remain self sufficient long after a developer has dropped support for it.

That said I really don't want to see Halo gone from the circuit, and I definitely don't want to have to deal with the backlash if it's not.
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   ninja brett 

• Twitter

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

i like pretty colours
Posted Image

View PostDmAuViIrD, on 02 October 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

ACL is Australia'a number 1 when it comes to H2H talent.

People who owe me money: F8 $10

#48 User is offline   Slayerx 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostMonk, on 02 February 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Had to be done

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Biscuit 

• Group: Halo 4 Pro Player

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

why the f**k do people want burst back?

Why the f**k is do people want to play a beaver creek remake anyway. map is terrible competitively.

View PostIm Beware, on 07 August 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

Biscuits word is law

#50 User is offline   Pyroteq 

• The best person in the universe
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Twitter YouTube

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostOveruled, on 02 February 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think where Reach failed immensely was in how much they over emphasised of Forge World. Not enough maps came on the disc and they tried to work around that by saying "You pretty much have a bunch of blank canvasses to work with, make whatever you want".

The problem being that there's still so many limitations h Forge World and a decent map in forge is still going to have less interest than ones out of the box. I'm interested to see what they do with H4 Forge, but to be perfectly honest I'm more focused on the maps we get with the game.

This. I don't know why Bungie thought Lego Land was a valid replacement for real maps. Seems lazy to me. It seems with each release Bungie puts less maps on the disc.

In all honesty I just wish console developers would release some sort of SDK. We'd get amazing content out of the community and a game could remain self sufficient long after a developer has dropped support for it.

Again, this.

I know the Halo PC port was done by Gearbox, but at least Bungie would have had a little involvement in the Halo Custom Edition which means they're well aware of the modding scene by Halo on PC. Why not extend this to Xbox as well? I don't know how they'd work on importing the maps, perhaps let you upload the files to your Bungie File Share. Either way, this is the main reason PC games tend to last a lot longer than their console counter-parts, because the community usually has a 'pro mod' that allows adjustments to be made to slightly modifiy things in the game that are unbalanced.

View PostBiscuit, on 02 February 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

why the f**k do people want burst back?

Because it seems 90% of people on these forums never actually played Halo 1 and have no idea WTF the pistol is.

Why the f**k is do people want to play a beaver creek remake anyway. map is terrible competitively.

Nah, it worked fine in Halo 2 IMO and the changes 343 has made look like they'll actually balance the map a little better (for example, the small caves near the creek).
Posted Image
Don't let the world deceive you. Don't let their words betray you.
Don't let their lies deceive you. Let them do their worst.

#51 User is offline   Dr Megadeth 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Certain Affinity team up with some of the forge map developers over on the MLG forums and create some insane maps for Halo 4 release + DLC. It wouldn't hurt to get their input on some BTB too.

Of course, this in a perfect world.

Back to Reach, I would love to see the Dammy, BC and A9 added to the map lineup. I like the layout of the originals of the Anniversary maps, but they need to be redone for MLG Reach. I playtested with Kurtiz on one of his Dammy variants with the lift in the corner of shotty on Hill and it works amazing, among other neat features. BC can be easily balanced and Anchor 9 is an interesting map to try out, in fact, I remember playing an early variant of it last year what played a very neat 3 flag.

and yes, I loooooove Citadel. It's a mad shame it never got used.
Posted Image

#52 User is offline   Slayerx 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think it would be amazing if MLG did a 2v2 Tournament.
Posted Image

#53 User is offline   trazza01 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostPyroteq, on 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

This. I don't know why Bungie thought Lego Land was a valid replacement for real maps. Seems lazy to me. It seems with each release Bungie puts less maps on the disc.

I don't remember where but i seem to remember hearing that Bungie did not really want to do Reach, but they had a contract for like, 6 games and they thought the "Battle of Reach" would be a good place to end their Halo saga.

Also, Onslaught was the greatest map ever forged.

View PostPeteh, on 17 May 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Troy is a hero.

Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Electrickk 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

I love Halo always have, but nothing lasts forever.

If MLG drops Halo then I drop MLG.

#55 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostPyroteq, on 02 February 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

The maps are terrible. We're currently playing a remake of a horrible Halo 3 map (The Pit) which only ever got used in Halo 3 because all the maps in Halo 3 sucked as well.

Did no one else read this? I understand you are all old school and hate everything new in Halo, and I am fine with that. But calling The Pit a "horrible map" and inferring that it "sucked" is just stupidity.

#56 User is offline   bradlllzzzz 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostSlazy, on 03 February 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

I understand you are all old school and hate everything new in Halo, and I am fine with that. But calling The Pit a "horrible map" and inferring that it "sucked" is just stupidity.

who else but slazy

#57 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postbradlllzzzz, on 03 February 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

who else but slazy

Who else. Not just a pretty face, I can read english and even understand it sometimes!

#58 User is offline   Monk 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

I think it's safe to say now paying out Slazy is just too mainstream.
Posted Image

View Postweasel weeee, on 29 February 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Deano...... hes definitely the worst player on ACL

#59 User is offline   Slazy 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostMonk, on 03 February 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

I think it's safe to say now paying out Slazy is just too mainstream.

But I havent received any $ yet...?

#60 User is offline   THE NUGUNS 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

The pit is a poorly designed map.
Lowercase letters do not even describe how rippin he is.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users