ACL Community: Gaming - Tell me your story. - ACL Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gaming - Tell me your story. What do you love most/Has it changed your life?

#1 User is offline   Takiah 

• Group: Members
  • Twitter Facebook

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi everyone - I'm Tak(iah), the latest member of the Team ACL Family and your new PR Representative!

I was thinking a lot today about you guys(the gaming community) and how much you have done for me and how I have come to be where I am today, which has then of course made me curious to know how YOU got here. Tell me your stories! What do you love the most about being a gamer and about the community? Has gaming changed your life? How? What has been your most memorable experience so far?

I look forward to hearing your stories and experiences - and of course to working with and meeting you guys!

-Tak

#2 User is offline   THE NUGUNS 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

The people are things that keep alot of gamers around.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the people I have met since 09 gaming.
Lowercase letters do not even describe how rippin he is.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   schmuttt 

• Group: VoD Subscribers

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostTHE NUGUNS, on 30 May 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

The people are things that keep alot of gamers around.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the people I have met since 09 gaming.

This. My IRL friends never really gamed but now I have some new ones that do :) .
DELICIOUS

#4 User is offline   TWU ROCK 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Meeting schmuttt at MC internet, and not even fathoming how many tournaments we'd take out.
ACL: "Jumping back to Melbourne for a second, did you get much time to look around at some of the other teams competing? Were there any people who you mightn't have seen much of before that impressed you?"

Voltage: "I didn't really get to watch many people play, but I was very impressed with Twu Rock when I was watching him playing No Remorse on the main stage, he really surprised me with his skill."

#5 User is offline   Takiah 

• Twitter Facebook

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Haha that's awesome guys :) great to see you all appreciate our community!

Thanks for sharing :) would still love to hear more stories though!

#6 User is offline   xMsl 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Don't really have a story, just love the people I've met from ACL.
<3
I love Nephix <3 xoxo

#7 User is offline   Overuled 

• ACL Perth Staff
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

I could start from the beginning, but a lot of people have a similar story. The short version is I progressed from Super Nintendo to where I am now.

I'm beyond ecstatic with where professional gaming has taken me. I joined the MLG forums in '08 and after sitting back and absorbing as much as I could I started putting my opinion out there. People seemed to respect what I was saying, and even if they didn't agree I never had anyone hate me personally. Even the older members who looked down on the newcomers slowly came to like myself and a few other new members. From that I was fortunate to meet(as much as you can online) some great people and eventually with the support of a fair amount of the staff at the time I was given my Moderator position on MLG.

That's kind of incidental to me. The people are more important. I still chat to quite a few of them, and a lot I consider friends. These are people I've been planning on actually meeting for quite some time and hopefully WILL meet in the near future. Other than that it's given me options I'd never thought I'd have. I can travel to quite a few places and know people who can show me around or even give me a place to stay.

My ACL story is similar given it's lead to me meeting some people I'd consider really good friends.

I think gaming in a competitive sense has certainly made me a fairly sociable person. Certain people know me and respect me (that sounds kind of arrogant, I mainly mean it's a little weird).

but chyeah. That's kind of it.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Domes 

• Twitter Facebook

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

I lived with Heff.
@terrydomes

#9 User is offline   Jaydos 

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm in it for the chicks.
Posted Image

Sponsored by Hoggy Enterprises

#10 User is offline   inmaniac 

• Content Producer
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'm originally a Halo gamer and I've been on the ACL radar since 2008. I went to my first competitive LAN in January 2009 at ACL's Brisbane event. I played under the team name "HaC" with Tricide, Pyroteq and Xanayuna. We came second-last. I then attended LanSmash's Winter-Smash Halo 3 2v2 competition alongside Tricide, where we placed 9th. I then became friends with ACL's CEO Nick "Vanzr" Vanzetti while playing with him and his brother on Xbox LIVE in mid-2009. We ended up forming a team, once again called "HaC" (which I later found out was Vanzr's original team name). On this team was Vanzr, his brother Benjina, Juzz AU and myself. It was a good time. Playing with Vanz also threw me into the organisation of AusHalo's 2009 event where, once again, we placed 2nd last.

One good thing that came out of AusHalo '09 was my break in commentating. I never did it before but after that event I haven't looked back, and have since been commentating Halo at nearly every ACL event.

That's my history from an ACL POV, but I've been gaming since the Sega Master System and the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Duckhunt FTW!
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   PARK3R 

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I used to play H1, H2 and H3 with Nuguns, Arrow, Bramble and the rest of the Newcastle guys. Then Noobguns started playing MLG pffft and going to some rando site called Aushalo.
Started going to the Central Coast lans and met up with Willgirzim (sickest uleh kebab aus). Then started going to all of the ACL events.
When Reach came out I started playing PC games (SC2 and LoL) and helping Vanzo at events including bring a SC2 feature station to Melbourne (FML).

I dont regret anything from how much money I spend to how much time I spent going to theses LANs, because now I can go to almost any state in the country and have good mates I can catch up with (except Perth, go die).
I am a massive f*****

#12 User is offline   inmaniac 

• Content Producer
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostPARK3R, on 01 June 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

I used to play H1, H2 and H3 with Nuguns, Arrow, Bramble and the rest of the Newcastle guys. Then Noobguns started playing MLG pffft and going to some rando site called Aushalo.
Started going to the Central Coast lans and met up with Willgirzim (sickest uleh kebab aus). Then started going to all of the ACL events.
When Reach came out I started playing PC games (SC2 and LoL) and helping Vanzo at events including bring a SC2 feature station to Melbourne (FML).

I dont regret anything from how much money I spend to how much time I spent going to theses LANs, because now I can go to almost any state in the country and have good mates I can catch up with (except Perth, go die).

<3 u Parker. You're one of those guys I feel I haven't spent enough time with :s Coming to Melb?? ;)
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   BrainSeeker 2.0 

• Trollident res
  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • YouTube

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Gaming has taught me to hate Americans, Kiwis and Perth kids.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   PARK3R 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postinmaniac, on 01 June 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

<3 u Parker. You're one of those guys I feel I haven't spent enough time with :s Coming to Melb?? ;)

Nah dont think so man. Ive got a lot of stuff with work coming up.
I am a massive f*****

#15 User is offline   APeXNzlPredator 

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

im 13 my first game was street fighter at 5ish then halo never got bored of halo got online last year and found acl now im competing in acl or3 for ffa halo reach so yeah thats the short version B)

#16 User is offline   CH4NTELLE KERR 

• Twitter

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I finally beat my friend in halo 3 split screen so I thought I was the best and then got xbox live and found out I was the worst : )

then I guess meeting Aaron (Benno) was from gaming and of course meeting the rest of you lovely people.

#17 User is offline   GomMayne 

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I started gaming the year Pokemon came out pokemon red :) from this day I was a competitive gamer, trying to catch them all and before my friends did. Be a better trainer than them, beat them in every link cable battle. Then it was super smash brothers (favorite game in the world after now halo) playing friends every lunch time becoming the best for any one from school that challenged me. I also got a ps2 and played killzone with my brother but thats another boring story I won't go into it all. That is where my competitive gaming started though from those 2 games, Pokemon and super smash bros 64.

Now my friend had just got a hold of the new XBOX 360 WOWWWW.. This is where i started Playing halo every lunch time competiting with about 10 friends in my home town at a friends house across the road from college. My friend thought he was the man because he had a 45 in halo 3. (I had no idea what this was/meant) but being the competitive person I am I wanted to beat him be better than him and all my friends. I then got My own Xbox and this is where my online gaming started. Long story short got 50s in most playlists, so obviously I was now better than him and everyone else in halo, OBVIOUSLY, I had a 50 :) .

I then found MLG and much to my surprise the obvious reality was that I obviously wasn't as good as I thought I was and it was a completely new and exciting game for me, but I still wanted to be the best. I met some nz 'pro' players and started playing in a more competitive friendly 4v4 scenario and attented a couple LANs , rather than random MM ow kid going in by himself.

To this day im still trying to become the best and compete with the best. Up until recently I have benn trying to get there in a completely wrong way not having a proper understanding of the game thinking all you needed was a half decent shot, basic team skill and knowledge. It's not at all what you need, you need much more than tht and there is so much to learn before you even take gunskill into consideration.

So basically my gaming story is how it started off, competing, trying to be the best but now with a far larger challenge and community but still having a blast!! :lol:
That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users