ACL Community: The Car Thread - ACL Community

Jump to content

  • 18 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Car Thread Anything and everything to do with your baby!

#1 User is offline   Slazy 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1901
  • Joined: 02-April 10
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Post icon  Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

So pretty much post anything and everything to do with your car/s!


I shall start :D

Below is my 1998 Toyota Corolla CSi 1.6L 4spd Auto 60,000kms

Just bought it off my grandma as my first car, MINT condition, hardly used (see kms) and just awesome ;D

Also just bought a Pioneer DEH-4250SD Deck, Alpine sps-500 (5inch-front) and Alpine sps-600 (6inch-back) speakers :D


Front Side

Posted Image

Back

Posted Image


Deck

Posted Image


Front and Back Speakers (Look exactly same, just front is 5inch, back 6inch.)

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   suspect 

  • Pro Player 2010
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1890
  • Joined: 18-March 10
  • Location:Sydney St Clair

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

nice work man
drive safe and you need a sub
i cant live without one
( never buy fusion or explode )

ill post pics of my car tomorrow when its day time

also slazy
auto or manual ?
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Heners 

  • Arcade Manager
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4295
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hopefully you can start pulling some babe's now daniel ;)
Posted Image
HAK
0

#4 User is offline   Slazy 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1901
  • Joined: 02-April 10
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostSlazy, on 10 January 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:



Below is my 1998 Toyota Corolla CSi 1.6L 4spd Auto 60,000kms




Auto, my mum or dad, grandsparents etc do not have a manual car, so couldnt practice between lessons. so choose auto. people would say yeh, thats what lessons are for, and then just drive auto, but regardless its what i have done, and passed my 2nd Phase (for people not in w.a, its the test with the instructor in the car, and tests you with some driving skills etc etc) with 100%, and even though its auto, not many people have done that.

however in the future, i would like to learn manual officially and resit the 2nd phase test and pass manual, thus making me a manual dirver and be able to buy a manual car if i wanted to:D

View Postsuspect, on 10 January 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

nice work man
drive safe and you need a sub
i cant live without one
( never buy fusion or explode )

ill post pics of my car tomorrow when its day time



sounds good man, cant wait to see yours and others:D

also that deck, and 2 sets of speakers plus installation cost me $687 form JBHiFi, so if i am going to add sub+amplifier, i shall wait abit;)

whats wrong with fusion or explode?? i like the green colour of fusion... <3

also where does the bass go, like in the boot or what:S
0

#5 User is offline   Rheem 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:Vic.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

View PostSlazy, on 10 January 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

also where does the bass go, like in the boot or what:S

just make sure you install it properly, otherwise you get that rattle noise.
Posted Image Rheem.584 Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Adz 

  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • Posts: 347
  • Joined: 04-March 10

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

I used to just have my auto license and then when I bought my 2nd car it was a manual (because 99% of 4x4's are manual) and I drove that for 7 months on an auto license - until I got caught. After that though it was fairly easy to get my manual license. I dont think its a bad idea to be practicing driving on the roads with your auto's and not having to worry about changing gears etc. while you are getting comfortable. Makes the manual test a lot easier because you are familiar with the roads.

Anyway OT:

I drive a 2006 Nissan Navara ST-R 4x4 - 3.0L Turbo Diesel. I havent been 4wd'ing in it yet, but I mainly use it for work. :)


Also - Dont spend too much money on your first car...even though your excited about it you'll probably crash it and/or get a newer car in the next few years thats actually worth doing things to.

View PostDark, on 09 March 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

When you don't know who Adz is, you know there is something wrong.

Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Slazy 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1901
  • Joined: 02-April 10
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

View PostRheem, on 10 January 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

just make sure you install it properly, otherwise you get that rattle noise.


okay probably wont even put one in this car, but how can you hear it if its in the boot? or you just feel it? haa
0

#8 User is offline   somedude 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2507
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:505

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Loving the sig Rheem ;)
Quality.

Check out my band, The Smoking Aces:
Unearthed Facebook Youtube
1

#9 User is offline   Slazy 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1901
  • Joined: 02-April 10
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

View PostAdz, on 10 January 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

I used to just have my auto license and then when I bought my 2nd car it was a manual (because 99% of 4x4's are manual) and I drove that for 7 months on an auto license - until I got caught. After that though it was fairly easy to get my manual license. I dont think its a bad idea to be practicing driving on the roads with your auto's and not having to worry about changing gears etc. while you are getting comfortable. Makes the manual test a lot easier because you are familiar with the roads.

Anyway OT:

I drive a 2006 Nissan Navara ST-R 4x4 - 3.0L Turbo Diesel. I havent been 4wd'ing in it yet, but I mainly use it for work. :)


Also - Dont spend too much money on your first car...even though your excited about it you'll probably crash it and/or get a newer car in the next few years thats actually worth doing things to.


yeh what you said is true, i love driving and am very confident already, but not in a hoon, irresponsible way, i just feel comfortable driving already. needed 25hrs for logbook to pass, done over 50 i think.. haha.
i wont be doing any modifications to it though, just want a nice sound system with ipod/phone/mp3 connection. next car will be a reaaaallly good one after uni and have a good job, so going to make this one as comfortable and sexy as possible.
0

#10 User is offline   Rheem 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 246
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:Vic.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostSlazy, on 10 January 2011 - 10:34 PM, said:

okay probably wont even put one in this car, but how can you hear it if its in the boot? or you just feel it? haa

you can still hear it pretty easily :P

View Postsomedude, on 10 January 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Loving the sig Rheem ;)
Quality.

thanks :P

View PostSlazy, on 10 January 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

needed 25hrs for logbook to pass, done over 50 i think.. haha.
i wont be doing any modifications to it though, just want a nice sound system with ipod/phone/mp3 connection. next car will be a reaaaallly good one after uni and have a good job, so going to make this one as comfortable and sexy as possible.

we needed 120 in vic, ended up with 155 and the lady who checked my logbook didn't believe them -_-. Thats pretty much my predicament, although my current car is a fair bit more embarrassing :P
Posted Image Rheem.584 Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   hoff 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1301
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:Brisvegas

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

QLD'ers need 100 hrs. How come you only need 25 Slazy? What State you from?
0

#12 User is offline   SnorlHaX 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 335
  • Joined: 30-March 10
  • Location:Newcastle, NSW

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Posted Image

Peteh and myself just ran outside, found the nearest street light to light his car.

'96 Celica

Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   DjBlocka 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2281
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:Toowoomba Qld

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

Ive got a 95 Ford Lazer.
Fairly stock. its got a sports exhaust and stereo system. 250000 kms (i think)
I got it for free it goes well sounds good, its loud but not so loud that you look like a tosser.
Posted Image

View Postinmaniac, on 10 July 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

Blocka is teh winnah.

Peteh, on 20 July 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

f*** I love you Blocka.
0

#14 User is offline   Aza 117 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1712
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:Adelaide

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

View Posthoff, on 10 January 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

QLD'ers need 100 hrs. How come you only need 25 Slazy? What State you from?


He's in WA. But yeah 25 seems a bit low :S
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   Heners 

  • Arcade Manager
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4295
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

View Posthoff, on 10 January 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

What State you from?

Western Australian mate.
Posted Image
HAK
0

#16 User is offline   Tubsss 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2861
  • Joined: 15-August 10

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Victoria sucks, you need 120 hours and to be 18 to get your P's...
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   THE NUGUNS 

  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 2108
  • Joined: 03-March 10
  • Location:My House

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I have a 2001 Hyundai accent.

Fucken cheapest car Aus and goes through over 9000 litres of petrol.
Lowercase letters do not even describe how rippin he is.

Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Slazy 

  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1901
  • Joined: 02-April 10
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia
  • Twitter Facebook YouTube

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostSnorlHaX, on 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:


Peteh and myself just ran outside, found the nearest street light to light his car.

'96 Celica


haha, class;)

View PostDjBlocka, on 10 January 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Ive got a 95 Ford Lazer.
Fairly stock. its got a sports exhaust and stereo system. 250000 kms (i think)
I got it for free it goes well sounds good, its loud but not so loud that you look like a tosser.


nice, some exhausts sound okay, most sh** in my opinion haha, not big on wasting money like that, my view though.

View PostAza 117, on 10 January 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

He's in WA. But yeah 25 seems a bit low :S



View PostTubsss, on 10 January 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

Victoria sucks, you need 120 hours and to be 18 to get your P's...


to everyone, WA works like this.

Day you turn 16 you can sit a 30 choice multiple choice question computer test, i think you need minimum 25/30 to pass.. i got 30/30

Then you have to learn to drive etc etc. for minimum of 6months.

so when your 16 and 6months, you can sit the '2nd Phase' test, which is the one with the instructor and shizz. this is the big test, i got 100%.

Now you have to complete 6months minimum of driving, with 25hrs log book minimum as well.

Then after 6months driving + 25hrs logbook minimum, you sit a Hazard Perception Test, which is another computer that is easy as f***. and bingo, P plates you have got.

so in THEORY, you can get P's the day you turn 17 in WA. most people however are a few months off, and im now 17 and 4 months so yeh..

I sit the final computer test, this coming monday 17th Jan.
0

#19 User is offline   suspect 

  • Pro Player 2010
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1890
  • Joined: 18-March 10
  • Location:Sydney St Clair

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

u can feel the sub and hear it
a good one makes ur car vibrate like crazy

and fusion and sony sh** break easy i have found
everyone whos had fusion hates it
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   Brake 

  • Group: VoD Subscribers
  • Posts: 666
  • Joined: 31-May 10
  • Location:Gold Coast
  • Twitter

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Had all auto cars in the family... but was lucky enough to get a few manual lessons in before the test and clutched the manual license.

Definitely more rewarding getting it, but people have their circumstances.

Toyota lexcen: 3.8 litre V6. Goes like a boss.
Posted Image
0

Share this topic:


  • 18 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users